New year, new beginning, new book

Photo: Pixabay
Welcome to 2018. I hope it's a good one.

I'm excited to announce that I just finished working on a book manuscript that I've co-written with Darrel Falk (along with many other generous folks behind the scenes). Long time readers might remember that Darrel and I have been talking. Darrel's an evolutionist. I'm not. We're both Christians. Sometimes our conversations are maddening. Sometimes they're awkward. Sometimes they're just uncomfortable.

But more often than not, Jesus is right there in our midst talking to both of us, and that's a priceless treasure. Here's a snippet from the manuscript as I try to describe our meetings:
The book of Romans tells us that the Holy Spirit prays for us with groans that cannot be uttered. That’s really the best way I can describe what happens. Sometimes the Spirit shows me things about Darrel that I really didn’t understand.  Sometimes the Spirit shows me things about myself that I don’t particularly like.  Sometimes we pray together or mourn together or rejoice together.  Sometimes we’re just together.  It doesn’t make sense, but once you’ve experienced it, it doesn’t need to make sense.  It just needs to be.
Please pray for us as we complete our work. I'm sure there will be revisions involved with the editors as we work to put together a finished product. I don't know when it will be published ("within 18 months of Acceptance" according to the contract), but hopefully the world will get a good glimpse at what we've been up to. I hope you like it. Well, I know some people will really hate it, but I hope that we can reach the right audience. Please pray for that too.

I'll keep you posted on our progress.

Feedback? Email me at toddcharleswood [at] gmail [dot] com. If you enjoyed this article, please consider a contribution to Core Academy of Science. Thank you.